House of Ruth Position Job Announcement
Position Title: Housing Case Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Housing Program Manager
FLSA Classification: Full-time/Exempt
Founded in 1992, House of Ruth is a nonprofit HIV/AIDS services organization with a mission of strengthening lives for those with or affected by HIV/AIDS. We do this by offering housing and support services with a holistic focus on low-income individuals who are HIV-positive, as well as their family members who count on them for financial and emotional support.
Ours is a culture that values professionalism and integrity, along with an unwavering commitment to House of Ruth’s mission. The successful candidate is a hands-on problem solver who takes the job duties very seriously but is able to find humor in the day-to-day, sometimes unpredictable occurrences of a nonprofit that provides direct services to an underserved client population.
The Housing Case Manager will conduct assessments, develop individualized case plans, link families with community resources, conduct home visits, and provide case management services for clients in permanent housing. Will work collaboratively with other staff members to help clients achieve economic and social/emotional self-sufficiency and maintain permanent housing.
Master’s degree required in Social Work or a related field
Kentucky license preferred (CSW, LPCA, LPATA, MFTA, LPCC, LMFT, LPAT, or LCSW); will also consider candidates who will obtain license within 90 days after hire
Valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
Successful completion of background screening
- Provides initial psychosocial assessment and updates on an ongoing basis
- Provides case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in maintaining stable housing
- Develops individualized case plan in collaboration with client in the areas of, but not limited to, daily living skills, money management, employment linkage, benefits establishment, linkage to substance abuse and mental health care, and all other services need to assist clients in reaching treatment goals
- Assists clients in locating safe, affordable housing
- Provides crisis intervention as needed
- Serves as a client advocate with third parties as needed
- Maintains required client documentation and progress notes
- Additional, selected responsibilities or tasks to be performed from time to time may be required as necessary.
Physical exertion requirements other than routine, e.g., off- and on-loading, carrying, lifting, or other movements related to the work of the position, will be undertaken with the advice of the supervisor.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Alisa Miller, Housing Program Manager, email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Position will remain open until filled.